Depression

If you are suffering from depression, then what would I wanna be?
The depression, or the cure?

I could choose to be the desperate lover.
Walk hand in hand with you, till the end of time.
I could choose to be the selfless giver,
Make your worries not even worth a dime.

Just you and me.
In a world of our own,
Where even loneliness wouldn't bother.

Be in your ups and downs.
Offer a comforting shoulder for you to cry upon.
Watch your every breath like its an extraordinary phenomenon.

I could be the happiest person on the planet.
I could choose to be the depression itself.

Or,

I could choose to be the hopeless lover.
Trailing after your every leap.
I could choose to be the virtuous sinner,
Let the pain take you deep.

With nothing to offer.
Except a promise,
Of unconditional love and care.

Bestow light upon your troubles.
Offer a cozy lap to sink in your sorrow.
And look after you like my only child.

I could be the ecstatic living creature out there.
I could choose to be the so-praised cure.

Would I be happy that I happen to be with you all your life.
Or would I be happy to inflict you with pain to show you deserve better.

But what would I choose to be?
What do you think?

Comments

Popular Posts