Sachin

Cricket without Sachin is unimaginable for me.

Growing up, admiring the elegance of his cover drive and straight drive, I too wanted to be a cricketer.

Winning all my friend's card with a single card, overloaded with numbers, I too wanted to be a cricketer.

Mimicking the little squats, trying to face an imaginary bowler, I too wanted to be a cricketer.

Practicing to sign with my left hand and to always carry a smile, I too wanted to be a cricketer.

Every time, when the run is one or two short of a century, I couldn't keep my hands apart. A "pure" atheist, except when GOD himself is in the crease.

Years roll by, times change, players evolve but no one's ever made me a theist. Ever!

To the one who made me change my beliefs,
Happy birthday Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar

At times, I wonder why I stopped watching cricket. Is it because of Sachin's retirement? Or, is it because of the scams in the IPL? Or is it because I want to act like a matured person? I keep wondering till the wonder puts me to sleep.

Ping my insta Harish, and tell me, what you adopted from Sachin.

Comments

Popular Posts