Cricket is our religion

A little boy asked me what my ambition is.
I looked him in the eye and shrugged my shoulders.

Like every other Indian out there, I wanted to be a cricketer.
To play out all the records of Sachin Tendulkar.

Growing up into teenage, I wanted to be a Grandmaster.
To duel with Viswanathan Anand - Checkmate.

Finishing up school, I wanted to be a astronaut.
To make a way out of the milky way.

I fell for someone, and yeah, I wanted to be a writer.
If Chetan Bhagat could become one with his bagwas writing, why not you.
(This is how people encouraged me. And now, I am here).

Participating in cultural events, I wanted to get into the film industry.
To match out Magesh Babu's expression.

Getting to know of softwares, I wanted to be a designer.
To make Disney my wonderland.

I even wanted to enter politics.
To take corruption into custody.

"What is your ambition?", I asked him back.
Guess what? We all begin in the same way!
Yeah, you can't really complain.
He too is Indian!


Comments

Popular Posts