Time is a funny thing

It seems over a year now, idling with an open notebook and a pen, within the four walls with around forty odd people. Only five minutes have passed, and I have a whole lot of time to while away with. Everyone listened with rapt attention to the one on the podium waving and pointing at his own handwriting. All I could hear was the creepy sound of the fan above.

Somewhere from the blur, a vibration began gaining my attention. I could feel it really close by.

Oh ho! It was from my pocket. My adrenaline began to pump, sweat started to roll down my forehead and I panicked. As a reflex, my hand automatically reached out to feel for the buttons of my phone. I only had second to act; otherwise my phone would be confiscated. I couldn't feel for any buttons. It felt unusually bizarre.

My eyes protruded on realizing that I had two phones down in my pocket. Wow, amazing, now I don't know who the culprit is. One more second of idleness, then my phone is going to cry out loud gaining everyone's attention. I begin to think of all the reasons I could state in order for my act of treason and start pulling out the two culprits in a nanosecond.

The vibration ceased. That's the end of me, I thought. I never once hated my ringtone, until this moment. I closed my eyes tight. But, nothing happened. There was no sound. The 5.5" one was all black. That wasnt possible. He should have had everyone looking back at me. Maybe, all this time I was hallucinating. Anyways, everything happens for good.

Just when my adrenaline seemed to be retracting, another vibration sets it back. I pushed the 5.5" behind the 5". An unknown number lit up the screen. Hurriedly, my fingers pushed the red coloured circle. Mon dieu! Wow, great escape, I thought.

The notification bar showed me my ability to remember. The company had no other work, I mumbled tossing my phone back to its den. My neighbor looked smiled at me. I wondered if he could hear my heart throbbing. He spun back to the old man speaking who I notice to have one heck of a reflecting head.

Five long minutes, it took me to the return to my normal state. I looked at my watch. Still an hour and a half left!

Comments

Popular Posts